Friday, June 24, 2011

Fiber Friday: The self-indulgent dyer

As a human being in this life, it's taken me a while to figure out a few things. Occasionally I feel like I'm behind the curve when it comes to common sense notions, but most of the time I figure I'm right on time for where I'm supposed to be.

Doing things for other people before I do them for myself has been an ongoing theme in my life. I don't think I'm all that special in that regard. It seems to be a woman/female sort of thing to do, but some people figure out the whole doing for themselves a lot more quickly than I did.

In all aspects of living, including this newer one for me, as a fiberista/dyer/color-splatterer. :) I traditionally dye things that I think would please other people. Sure, they're colorways that I like, too, for the most part, but sometimes the dyes combine in unpredictable ways and they're more popular to other people than they appeal to me.

And then sometimes, I take a step back, and I dye things in color combinations that I really love. And I keep the results. I may eventually share them with others, but mostly, they're for me.

Today, I'm showing you a couple of self-indulgences. They make me smile.



Happy Friday! Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment