Monday, June 27, 2011

Speaking out on Sunday (okay, it's Monday): The Road Ahead

Week Seven is here and available for downloading now!

This past week was a rough one in the SSIC household. I've been home by myself for eight days and I'm headed out of town for a few more while the Engineer comes home from his business trip. As I stumbled out on the podcast, this is the first time that we've been separated for this long in fifteen years. To those of you who have spouses serving overseas or simply working in a job that keeps them far away from home for significant stretches of time, my hat's off to you. Maybe it gets easier with time, but this has not been a lot of fun.

I got some good knitting and spinning done, though. Mostly spinning. The spindles were apparently feeling lonely and let me know about it in no uncertain terms. I also got a magazine review in this week, and I'm getting ready to embark on my study of Henry VI, Part One with those of you following along.

Apologies for the show notes being delayed this week, but as always, thanks for stopping by!

New patterns I talked about:

Solar Flare by Laura Kanemori -- Not that I needed more shawls on the needles, but I couldn't resist the KAL going on in the Into the Whirled group on Ravelry. I'm using handdyed sw merino/nylon in that gold-brown yarn from my selfish dyer post. It's coming along really nicely. Join us, if you feel so inclined!

Magazines I mentioned:

Interweave Knits Weekend - The most recently released issue of this special magazine. This is the link to the digital format, but if you're more a fan of paper, like I am, feel free to order a copy or grab one from your LYS.

All That Other Stuff:

A couple of shops to check out on Etsy for fun spinning fibers!

Old Sheep - A great shop to find amazing bargain prices if you're willing to buy bundles of fiber and batts at a time. One of the first places I shopped when I learned to spin.

Dripping Fiber Studios - Purveyor of amazing batts, both with sparkle and without. Currently offering a series of batts based on the Game of Thrones books/series. Check her out!

How to Contact me:

iTunes: Slinging Stitches...in Color
Ravelry: creaturecomfort
Ravelry Group: Creature Comfort Craftwork Fans
Etsy: Creature Comfort Craftworks on Etsy
Email: sarah.hawke [at] gmail.com
Twitter: creaturecmfts
Facebook: Facebook
Plurk: Plurk

Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment