Friday, March 1, 2013

Slinging Stitches... in Color!: Episode 23 -- Catching Up

Yes, another schedule bobble. I freely admit it. Last week, I had nothing to share with you. No progress on anything, so, though I recorded an ...eight minute episode, I decided not to share it.


This week I have stuff for you!  But! The server where I usually host said stuff is down, so I'm even more delayed in getting this up. This week, the episode is here, and will probably not show up on the RSS feed. If I can fix that in the future, I will. If not, we'll figure something out.

I know  some of you went to Stitches West last week, like I did. Did you have a good time? Did you get anything fun? Tell me all about it!

I went with a couple of friends, mostly to look around. I did some shopping, though, of course. How can you resist? My favorite purchase?

This little project bag from A Needle Runs Through It. I saw the cat fabric and had to have it. Adorable, no?

Not a lot going on in the dyepots this week. Because I skipped last week, though, you didn't get to see the second colorway in my Bardic Circle SAL. This is "Exit, pursued by a bear" in both yarn and fiber.


I also dyed a new colorway called Rosalind:


And some Royal:



There's spinning to report as well. Most importantly *drum roll and trumpet fanfare* I finally finished the Loop! batt:

That's 450-ish yards, my best yardage ever, helped by the fact that it was a big bat. Fingering weight and perfect for making the Sea Level by Odessa Reichel. It's for a SAL/KAL in the Spin a Shawl group on Ravelry. It's supposed to be finished by the end of the month. I probably won't make that deadline, but at least I have the yarn ready. Isn't it pretty?

I also started plying my Secrets Kept, from the first round of my Bardic Circle.






I made progress on the Fiber Optic fiber for the KnitGirllls SAL, but missed the deadline, as I predicted. I said in the episode that I'd show you pictures, but the colors are next to impossible to get right, even with editing, so I left it out. Sorry!


And here's a couple more progress shots of my Bear's Paw socks and my llama scarf! socks (Bear's Paw colorway, Panache base). 





How to Contact me:

Ravelry: creaturecomfort
Ravelry Group: Creature Comfort Craftwork Fans
Etsy: Creature Comfort Craftworks on Etsy
Email: sarah.hawke [at] gmail.com or sarah [at] thecreaturecomforts.net
Twitter: creaturecmfts
Facebook: Creature Comfort Craftworks

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment