Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tilt-A-Whirl

I'm a fiber hoar.

There, I've said it. This should come as no surprise to anyone who's met me, certainly not lately, but yep. That's my official designation, and I'm not alone.

Like many of my other fiber-loving sisters and brothers, I have a lot of it. Fiber in various amounts and content and color, some mine, most of it from someone else's dyepot. I don't know *exactly* how much I have, because I'm a little intimidated by what I might discover. I live in the happy ignorance of "a lot" and leave it at that.

But, as part of my deal with myself for 2015 (and to keep the Engineer from giving me more nasty looks when fluffy pillows arrive in the mail), I decided I would not buy fiber I didn't intend to spin this year.

And then the MegaSAL happened, but that's not my fault!

I am no longer a member of as many fiber clubs as I once was. I belong to one. I told myself I could participate in the SALs from one group on Ravelry, and if I wanted to do any KALs, I could either dye my own or dip into my stash of already-purcased and/or handspun.

And I'm pleased to relate that I'm doing pretty well so far. For me. I can't compare myself to some of the amazing spinning talent out there in the community. I can only look impressed.

But so far this year, I've finished:


Othello, dyed by me on Shetland. Chain plied, 355 yards.


75/25% BFL/Tussah silk from All Spun Up. 3-ply, 320 yards. This one is available in my shop, actually.


Elizabeth, Finn from Bride Flight Studios. Another 3-ply, 345 yards. This is destined to become a hat for a friend.

And on it goes. I am plying another yarn that should be done in a couple of days, and spinning yet another. Woo, productivity!


No comments:

Post a Comment