Tuesday, March 31, 2015

No schedule needed.

I said I wasn't going to blog on a schedule. The nice thing about that is that if I miss a day, no one knows! The bad part is that I don't have to post on a particular day, so when that blurp of inspirational 'oh, I was going to post about that' comes...it can go just as easily.

Ah well. I can be laid back. I can do laid back.

Hi! It's Tuesday. It's March 31st, the end of the first quarter of 2015. Time does fly. Spring has theoretically sprung, though some of you are still seeing snow. Some of us have already begun to dread the summer if spring is this warm.

I have been keeping myself busy, still making strides in my Year of Making Things.

I have a lot of things on the needles. I have never been a person who can work on just one project. Too magpie for that. y'all. I get bored. My attention wanders and then nothing gets done. So, I've got myself on a rotation. At present there are ...*pauses to count* .. six shawls OTN. I love to knit shawls. I don't wear them, really, or haven't, but I love to knit them. One of them is going to a friend, for sure. I started it with that intent. The other five ... may go to people, if they speak to me about a particular person. I have learned the hard way that not all the people you would like to give gifts are worthy of handknitted things.

This is one of my current favorites:


This is the Beetlebum shawl, by Renee Callahan. The yarn is a 100% laceweight wool that I dyed as a gradient variation of one of my Shakespeare colorways. It's hard to see all the color, but I think it's very pretty (she said modestly).

And then, in addition to making knitted things, I've dusted off the sewing machine, been sucked into the glorious world of fabric (because I needed another addiction), and have begun making project bags.


How cute is this fabric?

All this making is a good thing because craft fair season fast approaches. My attempts at selling at the local farmer's markets didn't go so well, but I am hopeful that crafting-specific markets will be better for me. Must have a decent amount of inventory to make those work, though, so back to it I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment