Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday on the Wheel: Life signs.

Hey. How you doing?

It's me. I'm back, and not dead. Don't listen to the rumors. They're mean and vicious.

*cough*

So it's been a while since I posted, for which I truly apologize. I got overwhelmed by several things and then I caught a late summer headcold and ...well, let's just say I'll be coughing for a while.

But I'm alive and kicking and back to show you stuff.

As you may recall, I've been raving about spindles. Yep, still on the spindle kick though I actually thought about hopping on the wheel today. Shocking, I know.

But since I'm still spindling away, and I have a baby I have not shared with you before, let's get to it!

This is my brand spanking new Russian spindle from Lisa Chan of Gripping Yarn. It is hand turned from brown ebony and it's gorgeous! Frustrating as all heck to learn to use, mind you. This does not work like suspended spinning, and I'm back to feeling all thumbs. That said, it's fun, and I'll be happy once I get the jist of it, I'm sure.


The fiber is some bfl/tussah from FatCat Knits, from one of her last Mixed Blessings clubs. (She's starting a new one, btw. You should check it out.)

And, just so my Aegean doesn't feel neglected, here's some more fun-to-wind cop for you. The color is not really accurate -- it's lighter and greener -- but as close as I could get.


This is the same fiber, Bee Mice Elf merino/tencel, Slice of Life. It's just further down the color progression.

I plan to be back on Friday with fibah! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment