Sunday, May 22, 2011

Speaking out on Sunday: Ramble heavy, Colorwork light

Week Three is here and available for downloading now!

This week I felt a little rambly, but I also felt more comfortable (which is probably why the rambling, right?) so the episode is a skosh longer.

I talked some more about Shakespeare and my feelings on how it's taught. I'm still looking for suggestions from listeners as to what might be interesting. As I said, I can go for hours about the Bard, so it'd probably good to whittle the broad spectrum of things to talk about down.

I confessed to getting bitten by the urge to knit things that aren't on the needles right now, and I remind myself that I should be talking about more colorwork. Staying on topic is tricky!

I mention an event at the Retzlaff Winery on June 4th, for those of you in the area or close enough to get there. Spinning, potluck food, fleece market. It's going to be fun and I'm going to try to go.

And then there's this:


Shops I talked about:

Moonwood Farms -- I mentioned this shop as one of the places to get Unicorn products, but while you're there, check out her fibers as well.


Patterns I talked about:

Skuld by Anna Dalvi of Knit and Knag. This is a uniquely shaped shawl, part of her Norn series. I talked about Anna quite a bit this episode.

Books I mentioned:

Shakespeare Stories by Leon Garfield -- I haven't read these, but had them mentioned to me by a Ravelry group member. I will try to do a thorough review in the future.

No Fear Shakespeare -- A series of "translation" books for those who'd like to read or study Shakespeare but find the original language challenging. My recommendation for this sort of thing.

Silk Road Socks by Hunter Hammersen. Published by Cooperative Press, an independent publisher with fantastic projects in the works.

Shaping Shawls by Anna Dalvi. In pre-order only, but if you're interested in designing shawls, like me, this might be the book for you. Another Cooperative Press book.


All That Other Stuff:

Be sure to check out the Clothed in the Lamb podcast to hear Janeen's newest episode and find out who won the skein of worsted weight merino I dyed up for her listeners!


Swing by and check out the Knitmore Girls podcast. Jasmin and Gigi are a mother-daughter team who talk about knitting, sewing, weaving, spinning and so much more!

And don't forget to leave a comment here or in my Ravelry group for a chance at winning yarn and a set of KnitPicks DPNs.


How to Contact me:

iTunes: Slinging Stitches...in Color
Ravelry: creaturecomfort
Ravelry Group: Creature Comfort Craftwork Fans
Etsy: Creature Comfort Craftworks on Etsy
Email: sarah.hawke [at] gmail.com
Twitter: creaturecmfts
Facebook: Facebook
Plurk: Plurk

Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment