Sunday, July 31, 2011

Speaking out on Sunday: Knitting Along

Week Twelve is here and available for downloading now!

This week, you get a relatively short, fairly rambling episode. It's one of those days, you know? Sometimes, you have brilliant insight to share with the knitting world, and other days (like today!), you're just sort of boringly, mundanely...you. Thanks to all of you who put up with me being me. :)

A couple of things this week, though. One, hey look, a podcast that's released on time. A little early, even! Don't faint. And second, show notes, from the moment the podcast goes up. Yep, that's right. This is me, trying to be a little more on the ball. Let's hope it sticks.

I'm talking about knit-alongs, more Shakespeare, and my project updates this week. For the curious, I will do the contest prize drawing announcement in next week's episode. Come back and find out whether you've won!

And, as always, thanks for stopping by.

Enabling that I mentioned:

WestKnits Mystery KAL: Earth and Sky - want to join in on the knit-along? The pattern is here! Come on, join us! It'll be fun. :)

Dripping Fiber Studios - Kim is still at it with her amazing batts. I finished up a yarn from one of the Game of Thrones batts this week. She's moved on to True Blood inspirations, but they're still amazing. Go check her out.

The finished yarn:





Into The Whirled -- Cris at Into the Whirled continually and consistantly comes up with fantastic color. I couldn't resist picking up more of her fiber to feed my spinning obsession. Make sure you check out her Ravelry group to get in on her fiber club and inspiration contests, too!

All That Other Stuff:

Lynn Zimmerman -- Though I failed to mention it in the episode, check out Lynn's blog and think about donating to her team for the Denver Oyster, an Amazing-Race-esque triathalon happening in August. A $5 donation to the Make-A-Wish foundation gets you a copy of Laura Linneman's (LaLa of the Knit Girllls) My Wish pattern and 10$ gets you an entry in the raffle for a huge list of other amazing prizes.

Henry VI, Part II -- Here it is, your link to Henry VI, Part II. Read on!

How to Contact me:

iTunes: Slinging Stitches...in Color
Ravelry: creaturecomfort
Ravelry Group: Creature Comfort Craftwork Fans
Etsy: Creature Comfort Craftworks on Etsy
Email: sarah.hawke [at] gmail.com
Twitter: creaturecmfts
Facebook: Facebook
Plurk: Plurk

Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment