Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday on the Wheel: A finished yarn!

The thing that kills me about Tour de Fleece each year is not the spinning every day. I can do that, handily. It's the taking pictures. That's where I bogged down last year, and it's where I've fallen down again this year. Feh. I am so very glad I never wanted to be a photojournalist or photographer.

I do have pictures today, though, because hey, that's the point of Wednesday on the Wheel, right? But before that...

I realized that I forgot to put a link in last week's show notes to Lori's podcast, Happycrafter207. Apologies, Lori! Those of you who are not Lori, go check her out!

And now, the pictures.

This is what I have on my multitudinous spindles, still in various stages of progress. The blue on the end is being chain plied, and the two teeny balls are waiting for their turn.


And then I washed, whacked and dried the Old Sheep yarn that I've been working on for approximately ever. These three little skeins are not at all the same weight. The two on the left are, combined, about 110 yards of worsted weight yarn. The one on the right is about 160 yards of light fingering to laceweight. Oh, the joys of spinning one fiber for more than a year.


Still, progress is progress. And I get to add the yardage to my Stash Dash totals, so I can't complain.

Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment