Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday on the Wheel: The Tour is on!

As many of you who are spinners may know, the Tour de Fleece (which coincides with the Tour de France) is on. Those of us enamored of the spinning wheel and spindles are madly whirling away for the majority of this month, trying to meet self-imposed goals, finish big or new or challenging spinning projects and get through the mountains of fiber we tend to accumulate.

I'm right in the heart of spinning frenzy myself, which means, at the very least, that I will have things to show off for Wednesday on the Wheel for a while. Yay productivity!

My goal for this and every Tour I've participated in (this will make ...two) is simply to spin every day. As I'm somewhat magpie like, I spin a lot of things at the same time and make small amounts of progress on all of them. So, at the moment, here's what I've got:

The Cloudlover Rambouillet in the Saigon colorway, mid-spin.


The Dripping Fiber Studios Night's Watch batt, mid-spin on a spindle.


Some Old Sheep border leicester x merino from quite some time ago.



And an eentsy bit of Pepperpants silky cashmerino in the River Rocks colorway. This stuff is honestly some of the softest fiber I have ever felt. I crave more in lots of colors. I have been good and restrained myself, but seriously.


What are you working on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment